DYING FOR HEALTHY LASHES? HERE IS HOW!



DYING FOR HEALTHY LASHES? HERE IS HOW:





It all started about 6 years ago. I was very inexperienced at applying false eyelashes and I did the number one thing I should not have; I peeled my lashes right off and with that was half of my natural eyelashes! Now to some that may seem normal but that is actually one way that you damage your eye lashes. NEVER, and I say this with care, NEVER peel your false eye lashes off. 

The correct way to do so is:
  •  grab a cotton swab
  •  apply some makeup remover to the swap 
  •  gently rub along the base of your lashes to loosen the glue from the false eye lashes


 Once the glue has been softened the lashes should easily slide right off, which will save you from pulling out half of your natural eyelashes!


Now because I pulled off  a decent amount of my natural lashes, I researched for days and came to one easy and inexpensive fix to grow my lashes back! The best methods included coconut oil, castor oil or olive oil. I only had olive oil at the time and that is what I first tried. Mind you I was very skeptical but I decided to try it anyways. After one week I noticed a difference with the overall look of my lashes. The olive oil not only helped to grow my lashes back healthy but it conditioned the rest of my lashes, making them fuller, longer and healthier! 

Here is how to apply the oil to your lashes:

First you need to clean your lashes of any product. Then before you go to bed at night, grab a cotton swab and apply a small amount of olive oil to the swab. Take the swab and apply the olive oil to the base of your top lashes as if you were applying eyeliner. Continue to apply the olive oil as much as needed and just look at the difference it made!


Years later I discovered coconut oil. I had stopped using the olive oil method, as my lashes were long and lush enough. I initially started using the coconut oil for my cystic acne. I would apply generous amounts of the coconut oil to my face and hair for moisture and healing of my inflamed skin. After a week or two, I noticed that my brows were growing back quite lush and so did my lashes! And that was when I fell in love with coconut oil all over again! As a kid my mom used to apply coconut oil to my hair and that helped to grow and strengthen my hair. Now as an adult, I couldn't be happier to discover coconut oil all over again!

I have yet to try the castor oil method, but just for you the reader, I will go grab some castor oil tomorrow and start on my castor oil method for both my brows, lashes and hair.

Check back once weekly for the updated post on my castor oil journey! I will even add pictures this time!


Thanks for reading!





Comments

Popular Posts